20. Portland Trail Blazers (20-20, Last Week: 15): A current five-game losing streaks drops the Blazers this week.
19. Minnesota Timberwolves (17-20, Last Week: 18): Having lost five of their last six games, the Wolves’ only victory came against the reeling Houston Rockets. Kevin Love’s injury has proven to be a huge hit to Minnesota.
18. Boston Celtics (20-20, Last Week: 13): It pleases me to say that the Celtics are struggling. They won against the Charlotte Bobcats at the beginning of last week before dropping three games in a row.
17. New Orleans Hornets (13-27, Last Week: 22): The Hornets have won six of their last eight games; Anthony Davis has shown flashes of All-Star level play during the stretch.
16. Los Angeles Lakers (17-23, Last Week: 19): The Lakers move up a few spots, but only because of some extremely poor play from teams in the same vicinity. The Lakers continue to be inconsistent, and every time they seemingly take a few steps forward, they take ten steps backwards. They had two consecutive victories against Cleveland and Milwaukee, had a solid effort against Miami, but then looked uninspired against Toronto on Sunday.
15. Dallas Mavericks (18-24, Last Week: 20): The Mavs jump up a bit here, due to winning five of their last six games with the sole loss coming against the reigning Western Conference Champion Oklahoma City Thunder, in overtime.
14. Atlanta Hawks (22-18, Last Week: 12): The Hawks continue to drop, having lost four of their last five games. Despite a solid start to the season, it’s only a matter of time before the Hawks are surrounded by trade talk once again.
13. Milwaukee Bucks (21-18, Last Week: 16): The Bucks won three of four games last week. Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis have played well, but Ersan Ilyasova had a monster game on Saturday night with 27 points, 14 rebounds, and four assists against the Trail Blazers.
12. Utah Jazz (22-19, Last Week: 17): The Jazz have flown under the radar this season, but most recently have won five of their last six games–including a victory over the Miami Heat on Monday.
11. Golden State Warriors (24-15, Last Week: 10): The Warriors dropped three out of four games; albeit the three losses came against tough opponents.
Next Page: Clippers Regain Top Spot