Power Rankings: Lakers Finally Pulling It Together
30. Sacramento Kings (Last week’s ranking: 28): For how much talent the Kings have on their roster, they have no plausible reason to be this bad. On talent alone they are better than the Cavs, but for some reason, they just cannot string together victories. Ultimately, they just need to grow up, as they really have no veteran presence on their roster, so until that happens, they are going to struggle to pick up wins.
29. Cleveland Cavaliers (29): People easily forget that this team started off 7-9. Unfortunately for them (and now the corpse of Baron Davis), they are 4-39 since then. Even though they’ve experienced recent victories over the Lakers and the new-look Knicks, they are going to continue to play for more ping pong balls and nothing more.
28. Minnesota Timberwolves (30): I’ve decided that as long as Kevin Love is wearing a T’Wolves uni, there is no way this team can be ranked as one of the bottom two teams – he’s just too freaking good. 34 points and 20 rebounds is an unreal performance by itself and for any player – on Sunday afternoon, Kevin Love reached those numbers in three quarters. It’s too bad that his talents and numbers are being washed away with the rain in Minnesota. #FreeKevinLove!
27. Washington Wizards (26): The Wizards haven’t come out victorious since their win over the Cavs on Feb. 13 that ended their 25-game losing streak on the road. On the bright side, John Wall is looking better and better with every game, and he’s dished out at least 10 assists in four of his last six games. With Nick Young’s consistent improvements, the Wizard’s might be strapped with one of the league’s most dangerous backcourts for the next 8-10 years.
26. Toronto Raptors (27): The Raptors offense has been clicking – as José Calderon, Andrea Bargnani and DeMar DeRozan are all playing stellar basketball this month, but it just cannot seem translate into wins for the Raptors – likely stemming from a lack of a defensive presence. If they can somehow fill that void, they are going to be a tough team to defeat next season.