Home
NBA Rumors: T’Wolves Hope Top 3 Pick Will Keep Kevin Love In Minnesota Reviewed by Momizat on . [new_royalslider id="196"] The 2014 NBA draft lottery is less than a week away with plenty of teams looking to right the ship with a high pick. One of those tea [new_royalslider id="196"] The 2014 NBA draft lottery is less than a week away with plenty of teams looking to right the ship with a high pick. One of those tea Rating: 0
You Are Here: Home » NBA News » NBA Rumors: T’Wolves Hope Top 3 Pick Will Keep Kevin Love In Minnesota

NBA Rumors: T’Wolves Hope Top 3 Pick Will Keep Kevin Love In Minnesota

Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

The 2014 NBA draft lottery is less than a week away with plenty of teams looking to right the ship with a high pick. One of those teams is the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Not only are the T’Wolves hoping for a high pick in the draft lottery, but there may be much more on the line heading into the draft on June 26 than bringing in a promising young player. Rumors have run rampant over the past few months about Kevin Love’s immediate future with many believing he’ll be headed elsewhere in a trade next season or in free agency next summer.

Lakers Nation Store Is Back! Check Out The Latest Gear!

Minnesota hopes to secure a pick in the top three during the draft lottery on May 20 in order to help keep Love in a T’Wolves uniform for years to come, according to Jerry Zogada of StarTribune.com:

Expect the Wolves’ search to wait until next week’s lottery — in the hope that the franchise finally might find some elusive luck and get a Top 3 pick that would change both Kevin Love’s feelings about the team’s future as well as its coaching prospects.

With all the rumors floating around about Love wanting to land with the Los Angeles Lakers in free agency or via trade, many believe it is only a matter of time before that happens. Love has played at an MVP-caliber level over the last two seasons, but has been unable to turn things around in Minnesota due to the lack of talent around the three-time All-Star.

– Think You Know Everything About Kobe Bryant? Take The Ultimate Kobe Quiz! –

Although the T’Wolves hope to secure a high draft pick in an effort to convince Love to stay in Minnesota, it still may be a long shot that the veteran forward remains with the team once he’s able to control his own fate in free agency.

One likely scenario in the NBA draft next month is the Lakers offering their draft pick in exchange for the perennial All-Star. It remains uncertain if the T’Wolves would be willing to make such a trade, but the team may ultimately end up losing him for nothing if they holdout until the summer of 2015 when Love can simply walk in free agency.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak Q & A: Kobe Bryant, NBA Draft, Coaching Search

Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

About The Author

Lead Writer

Ryan is the Lead Writer at Lakers Nation - Lakers Beat Writer for Examiner / AXS - Born In UK - Proud England / Liverpool / Raiders Supporter - Follow Ryan on Twitter: @Lakers_Examiner

Number of Entries : 1640
  • carew10

    it would be a big big big mistake!

    we need to take love in the FA 2015!

    exum(or smart)-kobe-love!

    kobe-love would be without ring and without possibility to be a contender!

    • comrade24

      IF we were going to trade our draft pick for an established player, i would choose Kyrie Irving (i wouldn’t trade it anyways) but if the main need is a pg (which i believe it is) it’s not a bad deal to trade a possibility for a sure thing.

      • cj

        depending on free agentcy our needs are in order sf, c, pf, pg.

        we literally have no sf on this roster and we have a third string center at best. wile at pg and pf we have kelly and marshell. im sorry but marshell is a better player then kelly at this point.
        we really dont needto draft a pg.

  • Ed

    This is one of the dumbest headlines on this website. The Wolves have a 1.8% chance of getting a top 3 pick and a 98.2% chance of getting the 14th pick. Here’s some news that I’m going to break, every team in the lottery is hoping for a top 3 pick to change their franchise.

    • comrade24

      If they’re actually dumb enough to be counting on a top 3 pick to save them I think Mike D’Antoni has found his next coaching gig.

  • Bo

    I have no idea where to post this but MVP Kevin Durant is going to go off on the Clippers tomorrow night as we all know he had a very bad game last night and he is looking to redeem himself and prove he is the best player in the world and the NBA MVP.Now that along with the fact Russell Westbrook has destroyed Chris Paul in this series exposing his Uncle Tom ass all over the court.Chris Paul choked worse than Donnie Moore did for the Angels in the playoffs when he gave up the home run and then he committed suicide afterwards.That game also was a game 5 and the Angels were a pitch away from winning and Donnie Moore the pitcher for the Angels gave up the go ahead home run to the Red Sox slugger Dave Henderson in a major way the Angels lost the game and series just like the Clippers last night.

    • The_Sports_Dude

      I don’t think “Uncle Tom” means what you think it means.

      • comrade24

        at least i hope that’s not what he meant. If i were a Clippes fan, not only would i be hideously deformed, but i would also be livid about that game last night. Flippers got robbed

    • CharlieMurphy!

      Dave Henderson was one of my favorite A’s, dude can swing

  • EmperorKing

    don’t trade the pick..

  • EmperorKing

    Keep the pick..

  • cj

    trading away the pick would be stupid. even outside of the top 3 the lakers need to keep it. the lakers need to rebuild their base not just add super stars. the best case senario would be the pick turns into a star that helps us land love in freeagentcy

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | © 2014 Medium Large, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Medium Large, LLC - All data and information provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The views and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not reflect the views or opinions of the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Los Angeles Lakers, it's employees, or its’ affiliates. LakersNation.com is an independent fan site and not associated with or represent National Basketball Association or the Los Angeles Lakers. Furthermore, LakersNation.com makes no representations as to accuracy, suitability, or validity of any information on this website and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.

Scroll to top