NBA Power Rankings Week 9: A New Sheriff In Town, Lakers Continue To Climb
30. Charlotte Bobcats (7-20, Last Week: 30): The Bobcats have lost 15 games in a row. It doesn’t get much worse than that. The Bobcats also give up an average of 105.0 points per game.
29. New Orleans Hornets (5-22, Last Week: 28): The Hornets have lost 11 games in a row. However, at least rookie star Anthony Davis has been relatively consistent as of late.
28. Washington Wizards (3-22, Last Week: 29): The Wizards are still the worst team in the league record-wise, and have lost seven games in a row.
27. Cleveland Cavaliers (6-23, Last Week: 27): The Cavs ended a six-game skid by beating the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday. Kyrie Irving has been solid, however.
26. Detroit Pistons (9-21, Last Week: 25): The Pistons snapped a six-game losing streak by defeating the Washington Wizards in back-to-back games. Unfortunately, the Wizards are a worse teams than the Pistons, so the wins don’t hold much weight.
Lakers Nation Question of the Day: When was the last time the Lakers won on Christmas? Tweet your answer @LakersNation with hashtag #LNXMAS7 to win!
25. Sacramento Kings (9-18, Last Week: 26): The Kings have lost six of their last eight games. Additionally, DeMarcus Cousins has been suspended indefinitely by the team.
24. Dallas Mavericks (12-16, Last Week: 22): The Mavs have lost three in a row, and six of their last seven. After waiving point guard Derek Fisher at his request, the Mavs remain with an uncertainty at the point guard position.
23. Phoenix Suns (11-17, Last Week: 19): The Suns went on a four-game winning streak last week, but have subsequently lost their last two; the most recent loss being a 103-77 blowout at the hands of the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday evening.
22. Philadelphia 76ers (13-15, Last Week: 20): The Sixers have lost six of their last seven games. Jrue Holiday, however, has looked solid since his return to the lineup after missing four games.
21. Orlando Magic (12-15, Last Week: 23): The Magic have won four of their last six games including victories over the Golden State Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves.
Next Page: Middle of the pack