10. Minnesota Timberwolves (12-9, Last Week: 16): The Wolves have won four games in a row. Ricky Rubio made his season debut on Saturday in a win over the Dallas Mavericks; Rubio had eight points, nine assists, four rebounds, and three steals in the game. Kevin Love sat that particular game out with the flu, but should be back in the lineup shortly.
9. Chicago Bulls (13-9, Last Week: 7): The Bulls are continuing to hold down the fort while Derrick Rose recovers from surgery. The Bulls have individually and collectively stepped up, and should be a team to be reckoned with in the East upon Rose’s return.
8. Atlana Hawks (14-7, Last Week: 9): The Hawks lost to the Golden State Warriors at home on Saturday, 115-93.
7. Memphis Grizzlies (15-6, Last Week: 3): The Grizz have slipped a bit lately, losing three games in a row to the likes of the Atlanta Hawks, Phoenix Suns, and Denver Nuggets before defeating the Utah Jazz on Saturday.
6. Miami Heat (15-6, Last Week: 6): Dwyane Wade’s health will be the X-factor this season for the Heat as his play has been up-and-down.
5. Golden State Warriors (16-8, Last Week: 8): The Warriors have played the majority of their games on the road thus far this season, and they’ve been extremely solid; achieving up an astounding 10-5 road record. The Warriors have won nine of their last eleven games, including victories over the Brooklyn Nets, Miami Heat, and Atlanta Hawks–all road victories.
4. San Antonio Spurs (19-6, Last Week: 1): The Spurs have fallen out of the number one slot for the first time this season. Consecutive losses to the Utah Jazz and Portland Trailblazers on the road could be a sign that the Spurs’ age is catching up with them, or that they’re simply on cruise control right now after starting off the season so hot.
3. New York Knicks (18-5, Last Week: 4): Solid victories over the Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers prove that the Knicks are for real this season.
2. Los Angeles Clippers (17-6, Last Week: 5): The Clippers continue to stay hot; currently boasting a nine-game winning streak.
1. Oklahoma City Thunder (19-4, Last Week: 2): What beats a nine-game winning streak? A ten-game winning streak! The Thunder have won ten in a row, and the young superstars–Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook–have improved their already elite games.