I’ve been asked to provide the weekly Power Rankings for Lakers Nation this season. I’m sure there will be plenty of discussion and differing opinions as I try to rank 30 teams in an ever-changing league, and I’m very much looking forward to it.
Without further ado, here’s the list:
30. Washington Wizards (0-8): I don’t think there will be much disagreement here. At 0-8, the Wizards are simply at the bottom of the barrel. It doesn’t help that their star point guard, John Wall, has been injured all season.
29. Cleveland Cavaliers (2-8): Cleveland is giving up an average of 102.7 points per game and have lost six straight.
28. Sacramento Kings (2-8): The Kings have lost five games in a row.
27. Detroit Pistons (2-9): Despite the horrible record, the Pistons managed to blow out the Boston Celtics at home on Sunday night.
26. Orlando Magic (3-6): The Magic have struggled early on during a rebuilding season after losing superstar Center, Dwight Howard, to the Lakers over the summer.
25. Toronto Raptors (3-7): After a lackluster start, Jose Calderon has picked up his level of play significantly, as witnessed by a remarkable 18-assist game in a win over the Orlando Magic on Sunday night.
24. Phoenix Suns (4-7): The Suns have lost three games in a row and are giving up an average of 104.3 points to their opponents.
23. Indiana Pacers (4-7): The Pacers are struggling early on without Danny Granger, who has been sidelined all season with an injury. They’re 3-1 at home, but can’t seem to put it together on the road with a listless 1-6 record. A much different tone than that of last season where the Pacers were a very solid team behind their depth.
22. New Orleans Hornets (3-5): Rookie and number one draft pick, Anthony Davis, is averaging a respectable 16.0 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks per game. However, the Hornets are currently on a three game losing streak.
21. Denver Nuggets (4-6): The Nuggets are still a deep team with the addition of Andre Iguodala, but have faced some tough teams throughout their current three game losing streak.
Next Page: 20-11