NBA Power Rankings: Kobe-less Lakers Bounce Back
15. Dallas Mavericks (17): It has been an up-and-down season for the defending champions. After a tough letdown against the Lakers, the Mavericks are only a couple losses away from missing the playoffs completely.
14. Denver Nuggets (19): In two days, the Nuggets can go from sitting on the fence between the postseason and watching from home to having a solid grip on the seventh seed. They won the first game against the Rockets on Sunday and need a repeat on Monday to strengthen their standing.
13. Milwaukee Bucks (12): The Bucks are still in the hunt for the East’s eighth seed, but a 1-3 record this past week will have them on the outside looking in soon enough. A tough last six games isn’t going to make it any easier.
12. Memphis Grizzlies (8): Just when it seemed like the Grizzlies were making a name for themselves as a team to avoid in the playoffs, they drop a pitiful game to the worst team in the West. Memphis doesn’t seem so intimidating anymore.
11. Phoenix Suns (15): The Suns continue to win the easy ones, but are dropping games against playoff teams too often. Considering that their last six games are against some of the best teams in the league, Phoenix might soon be watching from the comfort of home.
Next Page: NBA Power Rankings: 10-6