The NBA has told its teams that it will be cancelling games through Dec. 15. With the recent news that the players union rejected the owners’ latest proposal and chose to file a disclaimer of interest, it comes to no one’s surprise that more games have been eliminated.
ESPN: “The NBA formally notified teams Tuesday that it has canceled games through Dec. 15, a source told ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard.”
At this point there seems to be no end in sight for the lockout. The negotiations will now take place in the court room and the process could take weeks or even months. NBA Commissioner David Stern lambasted the players for taking this route and he told ESPN on Monday that he believes the 2011-12 season is in jeopardy.
Many people thought the players should have filed a disclaimer of interest earlier in the lockout when games weren’t being lost, but the players chose to try their best working with the league. However, with the first half of December gone, who knows when the next time fans will get to see NBA basketball.