Lakers Tweets Of The Week: Lakers Face Spurs, Kobe Confident in Team
Finally some breathing room, Laker fans. As Kobe Bryant promised the Lakers have made the playoffs and will face the San Antonio Spurs in the first round starting Sunday at 12:30 p.m. With the playoffs getting set to begin this weekend, here’s a look at the top tweets from the last seven days in Laker-land.
1. Never fear, Kobe Bryant is here.
Playoff promise fulfilled #ontothenext
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 18, 2013
2. Download it Laker fans! Don’t miss any action!
— Lakers Nation (@LakersNation) April 19, 2013
3. The rivalry has been renewed.
The Lakers and Spurs have met in the playoff 6 times during the Tim Duncan & Kobe Bryant eras. Winner has gone to Finals each time.
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 20, 2013
4. Some of you may hate math, but you cannot hate statistics when it comes to basketball.
The last time the Lakers and Spurs played in the playoffs was the 2008 West Finals. Haven’t met in the 1st round since 1988.
— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) April 20, 2013
5. Bring us home, Pau.
Last practice in LA before we travel to San Antonio to start off the series. We’re going to have to fight every second! #SPURSvLAKERS
— Pau Gasol (@paugasol) April 20, 2013
6. The Lakers will definitely give the Spurs a run for their money.
The Spurs would still be favored & rightfully so. But Dwight & Pau are at their highest level all year right now & that’s important for LA.
— Darius Soriano (@forumbluegold) April 20, 2013
7. Congratulations Dwight Howard!
Dwight Howard becomes youngest player to reach 9000 rebounds, beating Wilt Chamberlain by 14 days. lakerholicz.com/dwight-howard-…
— Lakerholicz (@Lakerholicz) April 18, 2013
8. Talking about next season already? Can’t complain, but lets try and focus on the first round of the playoffs. We still love your enthusiasm, Kobe, and your determination.
Got a few more visitors today.. Jimmy B, Mitch K and Mike D. We talked about the season, next season… instagram.com/p/YTgnA1xNgT/
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 19, 2013
9. How many of you Laker fans think this is the right move by the Laker management?
Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak says Mike D’Antoni will return next season bit.ly/YwD1tm
— Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) April 18, 2013
10. Lets face it people, basketball is about taking care of business and having a good time. Hopefully Dwight can do both against the Spurs.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) April 18, 2013