The Los Angeles Lakers had a tough week as the team went 0-4 since Jan. 4, with their only win of the new year coming against the Jazz.
When a team is struggling to get wins, many of the players would like the avoid the media, let alone get on Twitter. The locker room is clearly not a fun place to be during a four-game losing streak and the Lakers are fighting to stay competitive in the conference.
Here is a look back at the week that was for the Lakers on Twitter.
1. Shortly after the team’s win over the Jazz, Pau Gasol sent out a picture to his fans.
— Pau Gasol (@paugasol) January 4, 2014
2. Kobe Bryant announced a new following system for his Twitter account.
New follow system comin.. 2 much clutter as it is #twitnoise
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) January 4, 2014
3. The Lakers are going through a tough time, but Robert Sacre is trying to keep the team motivated.
Willpower is the key to success. Successful ppl strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt or fear.
— Robert Sacre (@Bobby_Sacre) January 7, 2014
4. Xavier Henry is just one of the injured Lakers players and he sent out a tweet thanking fans for the support.
I also appreciate the support for me gettin back.. I’m workin hard and I’ll be back with an even bigger chip on my shoulder #Relentless
— Xavier Henry (@XavierHenry) January 10, 2014
5. Kendall Marshal is enjoying life in Southern California.
Venice Beeeach https://t.co/MGGii4ydWC
— Kendall Marshall (@KButter5) January 11, 2014
For a complete Social Media guide to Lakers players and media reports, visit Lakers Nation’s page.
Coach D’Antoni Jokes National Anthem Is Jinxing The Team