Home
Lakers News: Kaman Was Not On Bench In Second Half Due To Sore Foot Reviewed by Momizat on . When Chris Kaman signed with the Lakers in the off-season, he envisioned himself playing a key role for the team. However, after playing some quality minutes fo When Chris Kaman signed with the Lakers in the off-season, he envisioned himself playing a key role for the team. However, after playing some quality minutes fo Rating: 0
You Are Here: Home » News » Lakers News: Kaman Was Not On Bench In Second Half Due To Sore Foot

Lakers News: Kaman Was Not On Bench In Second Half Due To Sore Foot

When Chris Kaman signed with the Lakers in the off-season, he envisioned himself playing a key role for the team. However, after playing some quality minutes for the Lakers in early February where he had three 20 point and 10 rebound games, Kaman has not been part of the rotation.

Celebrate March Madness With 25% Off The Entire Store!

Kaman mysteriously disappeared after halftime of the Lakers’ 125-109 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, drawing attention and question from the fans. According to Lakers Nation reporter Serena Winters, Kaman was dealing with a sore foot:

Kaman hasn’t played in a game since February 28th, so news of an injured foot comes as a bit of a surprise. Kaman has been losing minutes to Robert Sacre, who has been given consistent minutes in D’Antoni’s rotation.

With the Lakers no longer in playoff contention, D’Antoni is giving the younger players a chance to audition their abilities for next season while indadvertedly helping the team position themselves for a better draft pick come June.

With the way the Lakers have been crippled by injuries this season, losing anybody only adds to the misery. The Lakers are already without Jordan Hill who is being hampered by a knee injury, leaving Sacre as the only backup big for the Lakers.

Luckily for the Lakers, D’Antoni prefers to play small ball with Wesley Johnson at the four position. Although Kaman has hardly been used lately, hopefully he can rejoin the team soon because they may need him with all these injuries this season.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kobe Bryant On Change THIS Summer, Jim and Jeanie Buss, Coaching Staff

About The Author

Nick is currently a Lakers Nation intern and a sophomore at USC. From the Los Angeles Area, Nick grew up an avid Lakers and Trojan fan. He has written for the Daily Trojan, covering a variety of Trojan athletics. Nick is glad to share his passion for the purple and gold with the fellow Lakers Supporters! Follow Nick on twitter: @nsbarbarino

Number of Entries : 89
  • Zzzz

NO KOBE,NASH,YOUNG,HILL,KAMAN,FARMAR WILL LEAVE US 9 players MARSHALL,X,MEEKS,BROOKS,WES,BAZE,KELLY,SACRE,GASOL……WONDER HOW KAMAN GETS INJURED ESPECIALLY HE IS NOT PLAYING AT ALL

• Jim213

Irrelevant story given the coach sees no advantage in playing Kaman.

• KB

How can you refer to D’Antoni as a coach, a coach knows how to utilize all of his players not just those 6’7 and under.

• Jim213

He’s still the coach of the team so have to at least give him some respect.

• truth24

All these injuries these fools need to go I have no pity for patience for scrubs. If you can’t stay healthy that’s your own dawn fault.

• DJ

Is Kobe included in that ridiculous statement?

• Mike

Coach is an absolute liar
    Chris kaman is 100% healthy
    He is a close friend and told me so himself…..all season coach has used injury excuses as to why not to play his best center … Chris has been healthy … The dnp are not Bc of soreness lol they are the cause of a brainless coach

• Sylvia Ross

I can’t wait for PRINGLES to leave. I don’t believe anything he has to say. I don’t believe Kaman was hurt. Pringles, is so full of s—, can’t wait for him to LEAVE TOWN. PRINGLES, DON”T LET THE DOORKNOB HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT. NOW, BE GONE !!!

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | © 2014 Medium Large, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Medium Large, LLC - All data and information provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The views and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not reflect the views or opinions of the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Los Angeles Lakers, it's employees, or its’ affiliates. LakersNation.com is an independent fan site and not associated with or represent National Basketball Association or the Los Angeles Lakers. Furthermore, LakersNation.com makes no representations as to accuracy, suitability, or validity of any information on this website and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.

Scroll to top