Did you miss out on some important tweets from your favorite athletes and sports teams this week? Not to worry, Lakers Nation picked the top 10 tweets to keep you updated!
1. Although the Dodgers lost the series to the Giants (2-1), Dodgers fans and Clayton Kershaw had a huge opening day.
What an #OpeningDay for Clayton Kershaw: complete game shutout, 7 strikeouts, 4 hits allowed, and his first career HR.
— ESPN (@espn) April 1, 2013
2. Laker fans couldn’t help but relive the Shaq-Kobe duo days in the early 2000’s as the Diesel’s #34 jersey finally went up in the rafters at Staples Center Tuesday night.
— Pau Gasol (@paugasol) April 2, 2013
3. In case you missed it, Shaq gave thanks in a video to all his fans, teammates, coaches and LA celebrities.
This is what I want everyone to kno thank u very muchEspecially you Kobeyoutu.be/CzUNO_CKWKE
— SHAQ (@SHAQ) April 3, 2013
4. Count on media hype to say something negative about Kobe not being physically at Shaq’s jersey retirement ceremony. However, the Mamba had a few words on twitter.
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 4, 2013
5. Count on Phil to say something positive about Kobe and his performance on Tuesday night.
Kobe almost pitched a perfect game tonite…I know you did it for us, Mamba-Shaq and Lakers Nation-just spectacular.
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) April 3, 2013
6. Count on Laker fans to chant “We want Phil” during Shaq’s jersey retirement ceremony. While many people at Staples Center were not shocked about the chants one particular player was.
Kobe smiled when asked about the “We want Phil!” chants: “I’m shocked.”
— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) April 3, 2013
7. Mike Rice was fired earlier this week after a video showed him harassing and belittling his players during practice. Mike Rice will get a 10K bonus as it is required with his contract. However, other staff and coaches at Rutgers University are not as lucky.
BREAKING: Tim Pernetti is out as Rutgers AD, following the dismissal of basketball coach Mike Rice and assistant Jimmy Martelli.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 5, 2013
8. After the gruesome injury to Kevin Ware in the NCAA tournament, Kobe Bryant decided to call Kevin Ware to wish him well. This is was Kevin Ware had to say about the call.
Kevin Ware jokes about the call he got from @kobebryant – says he’s always been “more of a LeBron guy” but it was a great conversation
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) April 3, 2013
9. Dunk of the Week? Here it is.
— Ryan Ward (@Lakers_Examiner) April 6, 2013
10. This is still Lakers Nation, but how can we not acknowledge Carmelo Anthony this week for scoring 131 points in the last three games. Insane!
— NBA New York Knicks (@nyknicks) April 6, 2013
In case you missed it, be sure to check out Dwight’s hustle in our play of the week!
Don’t forget to click here to subscribe to our Lakers Nation YouTube Channel!