Internships At Lakers Nation
Have you dreamed of working in the professional sports business? Love a fast-paced, deadline driven, rewarding work environment? Lakers Nation, along with sister site Dodgers Nation, are looking for hard-working, passion driven, intelligent students aspiring to break into the sports industry. We are offering internships for the summer in the following departments: writing, video/graphics, and sales/marketing. Interns must receive college credit.
Interns will be working with Lakers Nation and Dodgers Nation and will need to be able to work from our Orange County office.
Available internships are below. Please email resume & cover letter to mailbag [at] lakersnation.com. In subject title, please include the department in which you are applying for.
Our writers have been featured on the OC Register, LA Times, Fox Sports West, ESPN, Yardbarker, SB Nation and tons of other sports sites. If you’re looking to add to your portfolio, then this is the place to be.
- Write breaking sports news stories
- Story within the story writing
- Gather research to support articles
- Collaborate with fellow writers and team to cover events and news stories
- Write engaging sports articles and opinion pieces, covering events, news features, etc.
- Extreme interest in sports and can write articles with flair
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must sound like an authority and an enthusiast on the topic
- Also have the ability to work on-call/ at-home when needed and be resourceful
- College student; must receive course credit
- Knowledge of AP Style
- We work in a breaking news environment, must be able to pump ACCURATE stories out in a timely manner
NOTE: Please include writing sample (at least 500 words) along with resume/cover letter for this position
Passionate about sports and motivated to work in the sports industry? Looking to combine your knowledge of and interest in sports with your graphics and video editing skills?
- Create player of the game graphics
- Video editing on non-linear editing systems (Final Cut, iMovie, Premiere, etc).
- Decent understanding of Photoshop
- Ability to tell a story through video
- Assist with T-shirt graphics
- We work in a fast paced, breaking news environment, responsible for editing footage in a timely manner
- Well versed in sports knowledge
- College student; must receive academic credit
- Final Cut and/or Adobe Premier, and Photoshop knowledge
- Adhere to deadlines
NOTE: Please include link to example of work/reel along with resume/cover letter