9 replies to this topic

#1 jsiv23

jsiv23

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Fav. Player:Magic, Duncan, G.Hill
  • Fav. Team:Lakers

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

The Lakers are over the "apron" which is about 4 million over the luxury tax threshold and will receive the follow penalties:
  • Cannot receive a player in a sign and trade. They can sign and trade their own player to another team that is not over the apron.
  • Will have their mid-level exception reduced from 5 million to 3 million.
  • Will not get to use their bi-annual exception of 1.9 mill.
Metta World Peace, Steve Blake and Chris Duhon earn a combined $15.4 million in 2013-2014 season. Paul Pierce is due to make $15.3 million. Although on the surface it seems like a lop-sided trade, allow me to explain. Pierce still has a couple years left on his contract whereas the 3 Lakers players are in their final year this up-coming season. The Celtics also want to blow-up their roster with KG on the verge of leaving.
So what about this trade:
Metta World Peace, Steve Blake and Chris Duhon + 2nd Round Draft Pick (2013) FOR Paul Pierce
If they manage to use their $3 million on Kyle Korver and give veteran minimums to Devin Harris and Shawn Marion, and in the process, bring back the players from this year; this could be the 2014 Lakers team:

Roster
D. Howard/ J. Hill/ R. Sacre
P. Gasol/ A. Jamison/ E. Clarke
P. Pierce/ S. Marion/ D. Ebanks
K. Bryant/ J. Meeks/ A. Goudelock
S. Nash/ D. Harris/ D. Morris

Per Game Minutes
D12 = 35
Hill = 20
Gasol = 30
Jamison = 10
Clarke = 10
Pierce = 25
Marion = 15
Bryant = 30
Meeks = 20
Nash = 20
Harris = 25

What you guys think? Championship?

#2 jsiv23

jsiv23

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Fav. Player:Magic, Duncan, G.Hill

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

Keen to follow more Lakers stuff, follow my twitter: https://twitter.com/JonSivakumar

#3 marbleman

marbleman

Player

• 440 posts
  • Fav. Player:Magic Johnson

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Paul Pierce has one more year under contract for $ 15.3 million. He is 35 y.o., but still posts very high numbers: 18.6 ppg - 4.8 apg - 6.3 rpg, with .380 3P%.But, to get him, we have to offer Pau Gasol. I don't believe Danny Ainge will take M W P, Blake & Duhon for him.
Dw.Howard is going to sign the maximum deal and stay in L.A.In that case, we need to trade Gasol to fill one of our three weaknesses.P.Pierce still can play in a high level and be a starter at small forward for us.Then, next summer he most likely will retire or stay in L.A., but for less money.That is the best, we can get in return for Pau.
M W P has to opt-out of his last year and became a FA, so he can sign a 2-3 yers deal with someone else.Nash and Duhon have to retire, otherwise they may be traded.All that can save us $ 20.9 millions, plus $ 4.0 mil. from Gasol's trade, that will reduce our payroll with almost $ 25 millions.Then, we can sign FA Brandon Jennings (23) and FA J.J.Hickson (24) for $ 6.5 mil. and $ 5.0 mil.With that done, we can use our mini mid-level exception to sign FA Martell Webster and Kenyon Martin, with our veteran exception. Add a second round pick from this draft class and the roster will looks like this:

PG - Br.Jennings (St.Blake) D.Morris
SG - K.Bryant (J.Meeks) Goudelock
SF - P.Pierce (M.Webster) 2-nd round pick
PF - J.J.Hickson (E.Clark) K.Martin
C - Dw.Howard (Jordan Hill)
We have improved all 3 weak spots - PG, SF and bench with younger and much better players.

#4 kenmwu

kenmwu

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Fav. Player:Kobe Bryant
  • Fav. Team:Los Angeles Lakers

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm pretty sure Pierce is gonna retire if a trade does come up, but if he does agree to a trade, out of good nature, Ainge is going to trade him somewhere he wants to go.

#5 RalphP

RalphP

• 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

The team is trying to get younger, not older by adding someone who is on his last legs in Pierce. Marion is approaching his end as well. Don't think Devin Harris will sign for vet minimum either. Though he would be a nice addition under the right circumstances.

#6 MrCleanHurikane

MrCleanHurikane

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Fav. Team:Los Angeles Lakers

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

If Paul Pierce goes to the Lakers, I swear on my son's life that I stop watching the Lakers. Two scoops of "Hell no!" on a waffle cone with sprinkles.

I love the Lakers more than life itself, but this is like inviting the devil into your house. He's been a lifer Celtic. It just can't happen.

#7 Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

In Argumentum Eternus

• 2,736 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

If Paul Pierce goes to the Lakers, I swear on my son's life that I stop watching the Lakers. Two scoops of "Hell no!" on a waffle cone with sprinkles.

I love the Lakers more than life itself, but this is like inviting the devil into your house. He's been a lifer Celtic. It just can't happen.

Pierce isn't going to be a LAKER ever. Where do these fantasies come from?

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates."

- Magic Johnson

#8 Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

In Argumentum Eternus

• 2,736 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

The Lakers are over the "apron" which is about 4 million over the luxury tax threshold and will receive the follow penalties:

• Cannot receive a player in a sign and trade. They can sign and trade their own player to another team that is not over the apron.
  • Will have their mid-level exception reduced from 5 million to 3 million.
  • Will not get to use their bi-annual exception of 1.9 mill.
Metta World Peace, Steve Blake and Chris Duhon earn a combined $15.4 million in 2013-2014 season. Paul Pierce is due to make $15.3 million. Although on the surface it seems like a lop-sided trade, allow me to explain. Pierce still has a couple years left on his contract whereas the 3 Lakers players are in their final year this up-coming season. The Celtics also want to blow-up their roster with KG on the verge of leaving.
So what about this trade:
Metta World Peace, Steve Blake and Chris Duhon + 2nd Round Draft Pick (2013) FOR Paul Pierce
If they manage to use their $3 million on Kyle Korver and give veteran minimums to Devin Harris and Shawn Marion, and in the process, bring back the players from this year; this could be the 2014 Lakers team:

Roster
D. Howard/ J. Hill/ R. Sacre
P. Gasol/ A. Jamison/ E. Clarke
P. Pierce/ S. Marion/ D. Ebanks
K. Bryant/ J. Meeks/ A. Goudelock
S. Nash/ D. Harris/ D. Morris

Per Game Minutes
D12 = 35
Hill = 20
Gasol = 30
Jamison = 10
Clarke = 10
Pierce = 25
Marion = 15
Bryant = 30
Meeks = 20
Nash = 20
Harris = 25

What you guys think? Championship?

I think that was a powerful mushroom you ate.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates."

- Magic Johnson

#9 Hayter

Hayter

Hall Of Fame

• 5,424 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm pretty sure Pierce is gonna retire if a trade does come up, but if he does agree to a trade, out of good nature, Ainge is going to trade him somewhere he wants to go.

he's not gonna just reitre if he doesn't get traded. you don't just retire when you still have some good years left and many millions to make.

it's highly unlikely but i wouldn't mind him as a laker. he's a laker at heart. how can he not be. he grew up in inglewood, played high school ball for inglewood high, grew up watching magic.

Kobe will never be again the same player. Write my words. He is done. - there are many players in our team, that will be asked back next season, with or without M.D'Antoni as a coach. And I am 100% sure, Wesley Johnson will be one of them. - marbleman  4yrs/28 mill (trevor ariza) - BryantToJordan.  Dont worry. He'll (marshall) be gone next year. So im not worried. I dont know if he'll be able to get another NBA job. - nanizm  #4 kyle anderson - marbleman

#10 BryantTJordan

BryantTJordan

Author of "Saving The Lakers: A Be the General Manager Book

• 2,250 posts
  • Fav. Player:Kobe
  • Fav. Team:Players over Bu$ine$$e$

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Um, how did Shawn Marion get on your roster???????

As for Paul Pierece ... he is thee player I like least of all in the NBA ... but ... I really could see him coming to the Lakers, whether it be in a trade for Pau Gasol, something to the effect of Pierce and either Sullinger or the Celtics #1 pick this year for Pau ... or ... if the Celtics amnesty him.

However, I don't think the Lakers want another player who is under contract during the 2014-15 season as they want to make a play for LBJ, Melo, Wade, Bosh, etc ... but I could DEFINITELY see the Lakers wanting Pierce is he was amnestied and passed through the wire

--------------

https://twitter.com/BryantTJordan

--------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users