Jobs at Lakers Nation
LakersNation.com & our sister site DodgersNation.com is seeking a creative videographer with the ability to produce sports content independently, as well as part of a team. This will primarily begin as a technical position, and will transition to you being able to work independently to produce sports content. We’re looking for a creative mind with the eye for what makes a good story. Video editing will be a daily task, in addition to shooting on-site at sports events, press conferences, video interviews and the like.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Non-linear video editing (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
- Work with images and graphics for use on the website and in videos (Photoshop)
- Covering professional sports news (NBA, MLB, NFL)
- Produce news stories (and possibly transition into reporting and producing news stories on your own).
- Cover live events
- Provide editorial and graphical support
- May assist in creation of editorial content
- Perform on single and multi-camera video productions
- Compression for video downloads and streaming web video (understanding that importance of speed in the news business)
- Set up background and lighting for video interviews
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, media, or communications
- Sports knowledge – with an emphasis on NBA, NFL, MLB
- FAST video editing (i.e. 1 hour after shoot, video needs to be edited AND uploaded)
- Willing to work nights and weekends and be on call demanded by news coverage, and potentially all Lakers & Dodgers games, in addition to hours in office during normal business hours.
- Proven ability to work under deadlines
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- AP style and social media knowledge
- Expert knowledge of specialized production software tools, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of emerging tools and trends in producing and delivering graphics and multimedia packages as well as an awareness of trends for what makes a good story
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and multi-tasking ability
- Helping guide and shape the future of a growing media team
- Brainstorming ideas for daily and long-range content, as well as custom content for promotions
This is a Full-Time contract position. Salary is dependent on experience.
Please apply by emailing your cover letter, resume and link to a video reel to mailbag [@] lakersnation.com. Any application without the requested assets will not be reviewed.