We’re looking to build out our team and our internship program is one of our starting points. With a network of sites such as;
As you can see, our intern position will be in a great position to learn all aspects of sports media coverage.
Our new offices are located in downtown Los Angeles, just a few minutes away from Staples Center and Dodger Stadium.
Now, here is what we’re looking for.
- You should really want to be an online journalist, an online marketing person, or have some desire to want to learn how to build an online community of awesome fans.
- Be able to write creatively, analytically and efficiently.
- LOVE the Lakers. LOVE sports in general. LOVE learning.
- Be internet savvy. – Basic HTML, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, Reddit and WordPress just to name a few.
- Use OSX & it’s suite of apps. We only have Macs in the office, so you will have to be comfortable using it’s operating system.
- Be over 18.
- Ability to commit 15-20 hours a week working out of our Los Angeles office, especially on game days.
- A solid foundation of internet marketing and content production.
- Search Engine and Social Media Marketing.
- Learning some insights into the world of sports media.
- Learn the art of the story pitch.
- A skill set that will make you a superstar at your next job.
- School credit if your counselors are as cool as USC and LMU’s counselors.
This is a paid internship position as our intern will be compensated with a monthly stipend depending on performance and time put in. We are absolutely clear on what we need to do when it comes to interns, but we understand not everyone is, so if you are unclear, please refer to this link.
What you need to do:
- Email your resume to mailbag [(at)] lakersnation.com with the subject line “Best Intern EVER”
- Email us a cover letter – Tell us about yourself, what you’ve done in the past and why you think you’d be perfect for this internship. (This is a great way to show your writing skills off!)
- Bonus points for people who make a video of themselves and include that YouTube link in your email.
We look forward to hearing from you.